Camino los Piquetes, 51, 38438 Icod de los Vinos, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, España.
Visit the Cave of the Wind in Tenerife and visit one of the largest volcanic tubes in the world.
A different experience complemented by routes through the landscape of Icod de los Vinos and the history of this beautiful island.
In the municipality of Icod de los Vinos is the largest volcanic tube in Europe, the Cave of the Wind. Its formation, derived from lava flows (volcanic lava) from the Pico Viejo, makes this cave an unusual and unique landscape all over the world.
The adventure begins at the Visitor Center where you will have the opportunity to learn about the landscape you will discover. Afterwards, you will be transferred to the point where the walking tour starts through the cultivated areas and the pine forest, as well as along an old royal road. Along the way, you will admire the field of lava that formed the cave.
When you arrive at Cave of the Wind, the guide will give you indications and information during the full journey through the viscous lava tunnel, its geological formations and its history (in the tunnel there is no artificial lighting, you will wear a helmet with light). Once this part of the route is completed, and finally, the return to the Visitor Center is through another path where you can admire the ancient ruins of field constructions.
Book your ticket for the Cave of the Wind and get to know this volcanic area of the island of Tenerife.
From April to September
From October to March
The ticket price includes, in addition to the access to the cave, an expert guide who will explain you curiosities and characteristics of this volcanic cave.
Keep in mind that the route is of medium difficulty and therefore it is not allowed access to children under 5 years, as well as people with claustrophobia or mobility.
* The price shown is for Non-residents and includes the order processing costs of Tictactickets. Once the tickets have been purchased, it will not be possible to change the date or time and the amount will not be refunded under any circumstance.
* The tickets are subject to availability, in case of not being able to access the selected time, we will send those of the next time and always on the same day.
* At most, claims will be handled with time never greater than 30 days from the date of the visit.
Visit in Spanish Cueva del Viento
Access to Cueva del Viento with a Spanish guide, walking tour and transfer from the Visitors Center.
*Children under 5 are not allowed to enter the cave.
It is necessary to go to the Visitors Center. Camino Los Piquetes, 51, 38438 Icod de los Vinos, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain.
It is necessary to be present a minimum of 15 minutes before the visit.
- It is mandatory to go with appropriate clothing: closed sports shoes or hiking boots. Long pants and something of shelter (14 degrees, 80% humidity) and if you visit the cave in the winter months it is necessary to wear a raincoat.
- Access is not allowed with bags, backpacks, etc. On the other hand, the Visitor Center does not have lockers.
- It is allowed to take a camera (but no bag).
- It is very important not to lose the guide and you must be attentive to their indications at all times. You must not separate from the group.
- When selecting a specific language, it is not allowed to change to a different language for security reasons.
- The guide should be informed of symptoms of fatigue
- It is totally forbidden to leave trash in the visit, alter the cave or collect material from the environment. It is a protected ecosystem.
- The animals are prohibited.
- The routes are with a maximum of 15 people, if you arrive late you lose the right to participate in them.
- Remember that the difficulty of the route is medium level. For these reasons children under 5, people with claustrophobia and mobility problems in knees and ankles, cannot access the cave.
(Antigua and Barbuda) 22/09/2019
it was fast, excelent